Health Purchasing Victoria is committed to providing a fair and transparent process for all prospective suppliers.
We advertise all open public sourcing activities (tenders) on the HPV website and via the HPV Procurement Portal e-sourcing software platform. Suitable suppliers are always encouraged to apply.
Non HPV-contracted suppliers with available products for COVID-19 outbreak
Many companies have offered HPV products to help health services in responding to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Suppliers with available products can visit HPV's COVID-19 webpage for more information.
PCR (polymerase chain reaction) test kits
HPV is not currently seeking PCR (polymerase chain reaction) test kits and this Prospective Suppliers web page will be updated if that changes during the course of the pandemic.
Apply for a tender
1. We encourage suppliers to register an account on our website and access the HPV Procurement Portal in order to stay up-to-date with the latest sourcing activities .
- Understand how to use the HPV Procurement Portal effectively by accessing the guide to registering on the HPV website
2. Once a supplier downloads the sourcing documentation from the HPV Procurement Portal, they will be able to respond to the tender within the Portal itself
3. Suppliers will also have access to the e-messaging functionality, where they can post any queries regarding specific sourcing activities , which HPV's relevant Category Manager reviews.
- HPV has a transparent sourcing process, and responses to queries are posted to the forum for all registered respondents to view.
4. If a supplier is not successful, prospective suppliers can seek additional feedback regarding the evaluation process. This comprises an individual debriefing with HPV staff.
Probity is fundamental to HPV’s process and in ensuring a fair and equitable process for all prospective suppliers.
For each tender, an evaluation committee comprising key health service stakeholders is appointed to develop robust specifications to guide the evaluation process. Following the tender close, the independent evaluation committee evaluates each submission.
A probity auditor is also engaged throughout the process to ensure suppliers have fair and transparent market access.
At the conclusion of the Invitation to Supply (ITS) process, successful tenderers are notified and provided access to relevant contract information and documentation contained in a secure area of HPV’s website.
Access a list of Frequently Asked Questions for Suppliers on the HPV Help Centre.