Health Purchasing Victoria works to support public hospitals and health services in delivering safe, affordable and sustainable patient care.
Our team works in partnership with public health services to understand their requirements, facilitate large-scale collective tenders and manage common-use contracts on behalf of the state.
We connect public health services with suppliers by using our collective purchasing power to deliver best-value healthcare outcomes for Victoria’s health sector.
- We facilitate supplies of goods and services to a diverse range of health services
- We provide expert advice and support, sharing data where necessary
- We support procurement and probity practice improvement to ensuring a level playing field
- We work to improve and innovate health supply chain systems and e-commerce
- We support and champion ethical procurement
We support more than 70 public hospitals and health services across Victoria, travelling around 150,000 km annually in visiting regional and rural health services across the Barwon-South West, Grampians, Loddon Mallee, Hume and Gippsland regions.